Thursday, January 8, 2009

First Crit of the year!

So we ventured down to Fremont to test out the crit legs in the first Early Bird crit of the season. It all went pretty well, try out some breaks, try not to die, and set somebody up for the sprint. Alex, Zach, and I all tried our mid race breaks but they all ended fairly quickly. The longest break of the day was probably somewhere around 3 or 4 laps. Jackson Stewart was the main man bringing everything back it seemed. I got in one break with him for two laps hoping there wouldn't be much of a chase, but we got brought back as well.

With two to go I followed a guy attacking, not realizing we had two to go until I was committed to the break, and we barely held off the field until about 400meters to go. I ended up about 2nd out of the 4man original break and finished 5th overall I think. The guy who won bridged across to us with a half lap to go and had the freshest legs for the sprint.

Good race, tons of fun and I can't wait for the next one! My dad filmed some stuff and I put together a video. It should be up later tonight or tomorow.

No comments: