So as you may have noticed, I haven't been updating this blog thing...
Sorry about that...
I have been really lazy and enjoying my rest from school before summer classes begin.
Here is a little of what happened lately:
Joseph Mendes Crit
- I got in a savage break of 9 and we almost lapped the feild. Took an idiodic flyer with one to go, and finished 9th. Gerlach won.
Berkley Hills RR
- This was a tough one. The winning break/split of 20 or so established within the first mile of 90. I managed to get into it, but fell out with 2 laps to go. Before I got dropped we had somewhere around 6 min on the field. I finished somewhere in the 30s. 31st I believe.
The next weekend was the modesto weekend and it was HOT!
- Got into another break with Gerlach again and got 8th out of 9. Hmm... not very good at finishing out of these breaks huh?
- Team raced real well here. Early we had a break up the road with Keith Hilliest and both of the Blanco brothers. It looked promising and Z, Chuckleberry and I were relieved to have our race over. BUT, Clif missed the break and organized a chase.
Once they got reeled in there was some more attackin, Z took a savage solo flyer and a break went up the road with me in it. Clif made it this time and so did Reeney again, plus Judd, Carmi, and a Reno Wheelman rider who won with a sweet 1k flyer. Caught us all looking at eachother and not pedaling. I won the sprint for second and Keith got into a chase group and finished 8th or 9th. Russ fell out of the chase group but held the field off, and Greg got second in the field sprint.
Great Racin' boys!
This weekend was HUGE, and very painfull.
- Gerlach was there, so i fugured a break would go, but nothing went anywhere and I totally blew myself for the finish. Charlie and Z got up to the front and got DerFridge and 8th place! Sayers won.
-Keith Hilliest drove down with Janwich and me to San Josie to get our legs torn off. Sheet hit the fan real early in the race and the feild exploded. Keith and I were in the second group on the road going into the long climb and I fell out of it with about 3k to the summit. Keith hung on and finished in the 20s. PaulMach.com2.0 won the KOM and finished 2nd with his team mate winning.
I exploded hardcore and crawled in to the finish. Came home to take a 3 hour nap and got to bed at 9. slept a total of 15 hours I think.
Memorial Day Crit
- After all that pain from the day before Keith and I were back to throw our bodys into the hurt locker some more, this time with the Blanco Brothers for company. It was a pro/1/2/3 race so it was a sketchfest in the beginning. I decided another break would be my best option. I followed Gerlach around for a lap and sure enough, he launched with me and Dibble in tow. We got two Webcore riders, Lucas Binder, 3 Berries, and Andy Goessling with us and started to hammer.
The problem was that we didn't have Jackson with us, and he brought us back with 5 to go. We were out there for a good while and I was totally cooked. Russ tried setting up Keith for the sprint, but he got boxed.
So there ya have it, an update on what has been going on as of late. I promise I will keep this thing update more regularly.
Time for Action, Pros Cycling Survey!
17 hours ago